Sunday, March 10, 2013

St-Georges: Resto-Bar Pub

For March break, I visited my parents in Saint-Georges. On my last night there, we feasted at the Pub -- a popular spot for bar food and their speciality  seafood. I've been to this place a few times, it's almost a tradition when I visit. Other than typical chicken, steak, and burgers, they have a huge selection of different seafood plates: scallops, shrimps, scampi, and lobster, and fish, in every combo possible for your preferences. Sweet.


Mum and I got the Surf 'n Turf platter (54.95$). This is a meal for two, and can probably feed three. When it arrived, I was stunned into silence, and that wasn't even all of it because two baked potatoes arrived for me and Mum a moment later. Pardon my French, but holy crap, that's a lot of food. To start, we munched on the giant frog legs in the middle. They were pretty bad, way too dry and the colour turned me off a bit. The mussels were okay, if not really small. I did like the breaded shrimp, they were so crunchy that it was like munching on very thick, yummy chips. The scampi (AKA langoustines) were tasty and fun to eat: you dig your fork in one side and pull out the entire strip of flesh, and dip it into garlic (or lemon) butter. Deeeelish. And the lobsters were good, tender and just a bit creamy. There were also 2 slices of filet migon each, served with mushrooms -- really good. The steak wasn't as tender as I've had at other places, but it's a pub, so cut them some slack.


Dad got another platter, all for himself. I don't remember what it was called, sadly. It  was mostly the same seafood as earlier, with a skewer of scallops. I tried one and it was fine. The fries were mushy and plain, so I recommend the baked potato.

All in all, it's seafood in a pub -- not fantastic, but still pretty satisfying if you're craving some shrimp and shellfish. Giant platters do have their charm

11750 1re Avenue
Saint-Georges, QC
G5Y 2G4
(418) 227-6010

Resto-Bar Pub on Urbanspoon

1 comment: